"The responsibility and the privilege of leadership for Christian Heritage Classical School rest in the Board of Trustees. The Board is charged, in trust, with preserving, maintaining, building and growing the vision of the school, based on the guidelines set forth in these Bylaws and the CHCS Mission Statement."
-From the By-Laws of Christian Heritage Classical School
Board Members: 2020-2021
David Mitchell: President
- Education and Profession: B.A. Texas A&M University: Business Owner: Residential Construction
- Years at CHCS: 5
- What I like most about Christian Heritage: "The close-knit community of teachers, students, and parents all working together in the educational and spiritual development of my children."
Chad Burkhalter: Vice President
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Baylor University
- Years at CHCS: 6
- What I like most about Christian Heritage: Our family has been especially pleased with the healthy balance existing between the unapologetic Christian environment and the strong academic rigor. We also have made lifelong friends and look forward to what God has planned for our community!
Holly Briscoe: Treasurer
Education: Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Harding University
Years at CHCS: 6
What I like most about CHCS: I love the community of like-minded families and that we get to walk together along this journey of pursuing an excellent education for our children in a prayerful and loving environment where Christ is at the center of all they learn and do. I love the incredible faculty that comes alongside us and faithfully pours their hearts and souls into loving, educating, mentoring and discipling our children to be who Christ created them to be!
Meredith White: Secretary
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Years at CHCS: 11
What I like most about Christian Heritage: Our family has “grown-up” at CHCS with teachers who educate our children to think critically, to speak carefully, and to love unconditionally. We’ve also been profoundly influenced by the community of families in our school who are walking this road with us.
- Education/profession: Mechanical Engineering Technology/ Industrial Management from LeTourneau University, Product Manager at Komatsu Mining Corporation
- Years at CHCS: 14
- What I like most about Christian Heritage: Watching our children learn deep and enduring truths in a Christian atmosphere. Watching them learn true character more than just facts.
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in Secondary Education; Texas Tech University
- Years at CHCS: 8
- What I like most about CHCS: I’ve always said that Christian Heritage is a beacon of light in East Texas, and it’s true! The classical, Christ-centered education that we offer our children, coupled with a top-notch faculty and a like-minded community, ensures that our children will not only be encouraged and challenged, but will love to learn and grow in knowledge and truth.
- Education: Texas A & M University, J.D.; LeTourneau University, MBA; LeTourneau University, Psychology, B.S., w/ Biblical Studies Minor
- Years at CHCS: 6
- What I love about this school? I love that Christian Heritage disciples the minds of my children by educating them in the context of a Gospel Worldview. CHCS challenges them to grow in their faith in an atmosphere that honors Christ’s truth, beauty, and goodness.
- Education: B.B.A. in Finance from Baylor University
- Years at CHCS: 16
- What I love about this school? I love the Classical Christian education at CHCS because it teaches students to think well, to speak well, to write well, and to discern what is true and good. I love the Christ-centered focus that uses Scripture as the standard to evaluate ideas and discover truth. I love that CHCS partners with families to prepare students to engage the world for Christ.
- Education: Bachelor of Science, Sam Houston State University; Nursing Degree, Kilgore College
- Years at CHCS: 5
- What I love about CHCS: I love that Christian Heritage unapologetically follows the Word of God as they lead and shape our children into lifelong learners. CHCS is a community of joy, discipline fun, instruction, and develops a Christ-centered worldview in a way no other place could. Its leadership, faculty, staff, and families are a treasure to my family.
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, UT Tyler
- Years at CHCS: 10
- What I love about CHCS: I love that CHCS is speaking God's truth into our children and to me as a parent. It has been a blessing for our family to witness the school challenging my children and lifting them up when they struggle. I love that the teachers genuinely care about my children and their success as students and disciples of Jesus.
Bo Bolding: Founder
Minutes from the most recent board meeting are available in the office.