In Loco Parentis
God has given parents the responsibility of educating their children. Christian Heritage Classical School operates as an extension of the family in cooperation with the parents to educate their children. We operate in loco parentis or in place of the parent. Teachers are to remember that they do not function above parental authority.
Teach all subjects as parts of an integrated whole with the Scripture as the center.
- Emphasize grammar, logic and rhetoric in all subjects.
- Provide a clear model of biblical Christian life through its staff and Board. To this end, Christian Heritage School shall only employ teachers and staff who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, exhibit Godly character qualities, and live a lifestyle consistent with biblical teaching.
- Encourage each student to begin and grow in his relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ.
- Encourage each student to understand God's gifting and purpose upon his life, and to faithfully pursue them for God's glory and live a life of faithfulness to God.
- Encourage each student to develop a love for learning and to achieve his academic potential.
- Equip each student to shape his life and the culture according to the priorities of the kingdom of God.
- Equip each student with the tools of learning to the end that they will become lifelong learners.